Summer is coming and we are already preparing for our favorite time of the year.
We dress in light clothes, the weather invites us to go out more to the street and on vacation those who are luckier can enjoy the beach or the pool. But of course, all this has a downside and that is that we are more likely to suffer damage from the sun and other external agents, so it is important to protect our skin properly this summer.
In summer the skin suffers more than in other seasons since it is exposed to more external factors such as the sun, mainly, but also salt, chlorine or humid places.
The action of these causes a significant dehydration of the dermis so we must recover it by drinking liquids, especially water. Doing this action every day will ensure that we maintain healthier and more hydrated skin.
Another action that we must carry out every day since it is essential, is to apply sunscreen to our skin. The reasons are well known: avoid the appearance of melanoma, burns or spots. The health of our skin is very important and we should never neglect it, especially in the summer.
We must use high protection every day regardless of whether or not we go to the beach or the pool. We recommend using a minimum sunscreen with a protection factor of 30 for the body and 50 for the face, and always apply it several minutes before sun exposure for it to work properly. In addition, it is important not to neglect ourselves and always reapply after bathing or sweating.
Here is a list of sunscreens that stand out for their quality and benefits.
1. Biotherm Waterlover Sun Milk SPF50
This sunscreen is one of the best rated on the OCU lists and it comes as no surprise since this sunscreen contains high and effective protection against UVA/UVB rays and is water resistant. Its formula has been designed to be used by people with sensitive skin, and it is also quickly absorbed without leaving a white trace.
The best of all is that its formula is Coral-Friendly, this means that it does not harm the marine ecosystem and its packaging is made of recycled paper, saving up to 43% of plastic.
2. Galénic Soins Soleil
Galénic protectors are very popular due to their excellent value for money.
This protector, in addition to creating a protective screen against the sun’s rays, exerts a powerful anti-aging action since its formula rich in vitamin E and Uncaria from the Amazon contains a high amount of antioxidants that stop the action of free radicals, thus allowing the skin looks smoother and brighter, slowing down photoaging.
This range has protectors of different textures, from soft milk to comfortable spray formats.
3. Mesoestetic Mesoprotecht Sun Protect Repairing Stick SPF100
If what we are looking for is to protect the most sensitive areas such as the eye contour, lips or injuries such as blemishes and scars, this Mesoestetic stick is ideal.
Its protectors are characterized by their high protection and high quality, designed for sensitive or very light skin.
This protector comes in a convenient stick format, perfect to take anywhere and enjoy a comfortable and simple application.
4. Natura Bissé C+C Dry Touch Sunscreen Fluid SPF50
This moisturizing cream is a true cocktail of vitamins, including vitamins C and E which, together with Artemis extract, exert a powerful anti-aging effect thanks to its high amount of antioxidants.While the skin is protected from the sun, this treatment acts by slowing down the appearance of the signs of aging providing hydration, vitality and luminosity.
5. Payot Sunny Crème Divine SPF50
This Payot protector is ideal for use on the face and body.
Its high protection factor ensures effective and long-lasting protection.
Its formula is rich in vitamin C and also contains Cierula Kakadu extract, a powerful active ingredient that protects the skin against damage caused by free radicals.
Its texture is soft and absorbs quickly and its formula is also completely harmless to aquatic life.
6. Medik8 Physical Sunscreen SPF30
This antioxidant-rich cream protects the skin from photoaging and repairs it from within.
Its powerful sunscreens create unprecedented protection so that your skin stays healthy and properly protected.
Medik8 is one of our favorite brands as their quality is second to none.
- Another important tip is the importance of moisturizing the skin every day. This advice is applicable throughout the year but in summer it becomes essential since our skin can suffer too much. Moisturizing it every day will keep it nourished, healthy and looking better, let’s not forget to do this hydration routine even if we are on vacation.
- Following a routine in which we clean and exfoliate our skin is very important since it will more effectively receive moisturizing products and those that include sunscreens, so it will remain oxygenated, healthy and protected.
- Food is also essential in summer: experts recommend increasing the consumption of vitamins, beta-carotene and lycopene, nutrients that can be found in many fruits and vegetables such as citrus fruits, tomatoes and carrots, among others.
- Last but not least, it is important to avoid sunbathing during the hours when it is strongest, that is, from 12 noon to 4. By following this recommendation, we will avoid greater evils.
We want this summer to be unforgettable and that you follow our advice as your skin will thank you. Don’t forget that pleasure and care are totally compatible 🙂